Nassau Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a state-licensed, Medicare-certified skilled nursing facility that offers a variety of services, including physical, occupational, and speech therapy, wound care, and medical/nursing.
The clinical needs of an individual are evaluated by a multi-disciplinary Admission team to assure that each patient/resident receives the specific care identified by his/her physician.
The process consists of:
- Whenever possible, a tour of the facility and an interview with a member of the Admissions Department.
- Completed Admission Application.
- Completed PRI (Patient Review Instrument) by a certified registered nurse.
- The Admission Application and PRI are then submitted for medical and financial review.
- Once a decision has been made, the patient/family is notified.
- If NRNC is able to provide the care needed for the patient/resident, arrangements will be made to transfer the patient/resident as soon as an appropriate bed is available.
- A representative of the patient/resident must be available to complete the necessary admission paperwork on the day of admission
A tour of the facility is strongly recommended to be followed by an interview with the admissions and nursing departments.